March 19, 2019

Program ASASI pintar UKM (pengalaman dan kemasukan)

Salam Guys, 

It has been forever since I had written anything in this blog, It just came to my mind that I want to start writing and be an author in the future. Currently I am studying for medical degree and there is a lot in my mind for me to share. 

As I've been going through the stages of life until now, I found out that blog posts regarding their institutions and the experiences within them had helped vast amount of people to decide their application. I know people are having a hard time to gain information about their future choices of programs, that's why I am doing the same thing for ASASI pintar UKM (abrreviation; aspi) , my pre-U program. It is conducted at PERMATApintar National Gifted Centre. In the end of the post, I will share the my opinion on the rationale of choosing this asasi among others.


ASASI pintar, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia is a 1-year pre-U program for SPM leavers to enter UKM only. It is important to understand that ASASIpintar  leavers can only choose UKM for their destinated IPTA, unless you guys want to go to private institutions, then just go and pay.

Like other asasi programs, you have to apply through the UPU system and just checkout the minimum requirement there. Despite the min requirement, most of my friends here got straight As, maybe some had 1/2 Bs but to be safe, straight As. You have to be from science streams and ASASIpintar only offers science subjects and you have to take the three typical science subjects (biology, chemistry and physics). These are the subjects that will be take in ASASIpintar:

Semester 1
  1. Biology I
  2. Chemistry I
  3. Physics I
  4. Mathematical Reasoning
  5. Statistics
  6. Language and Literature Appreciation
  7. Jati Diri Kebangsaan
  8. Research Skills
Semester 2
  1. Biology II
  2. Chemistry II
  3. Physics II
  4. Vector Calculus
  5. Critical Analysis
  6. Leadership and Decision Making
  7. Research Project
I will show how ASASIpintar differs with other science Pre-U program. Mathematical Reasoning and Calculus is the equivalent of Math subjects in other programs. Compare to other programs where usually only 4 subjects  are taken into account for CGPA, ASASIpintar includes all, thus some disadvantages because additional subjects like Statistics and Research are quite hard. Please bare in mind that CGPA is very important to determine your future degree. Since you can only apply in UKM, there will be some advantages among Aspi students, such as easier admission and the CGPA requirement is made less strict, but it all depends on the dean's office of the faculty but I can assure you that most courses will prioritize Aspi students as long as you achieved the minimum CGPA.

For medical degree (I am talking about this because this is the most popular issue that everyone will be wondering), you just need to achieve minimal 3.8 CGPA, whereas in other institution you generally to achieve 4.00. However, 3.8 is quite hard to achieve, in my batch, there is about 15++ who got 3.8 and above among 140-170 students ( I dont remember) and only 9 put MD as the first choice and only 8 got accepted. I would say the chance is low but hey, you can do it just study hard and smart. It is entirely possible.

As for students' life, they will be located at UKM's residential college, usually either Kolej Keris Mas or Kolej Pendeta Za'aba in a twin room. Co-curricular activities (Example: volunteerism, sports, social projects, interviews, videos, cultural events, arts, movie award and show nights, dinner)  are a lot especially most of them are part of the subjects in asasi. Thus, time will be quite limited, not to mention full day classes 5 days a week (just like matrikulasi and other asasi).


Since the asasi size is small, I guarantee you it will be very fun and you will have a very great relation and bonding with your batchmates.

WHY ASPI:
1) Small students number, better experiences
2) Really want to enter UKM
3) Love science subjects and research. (as well as challenging study)
4) University vibe (located at main campus)
5) Lots of fun activities and events that are usually joined by every batchmates.

I would questions, please ask anything below.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is just for your review, I hold no accountability if the information is any different with the current batch, please refer the administration for precise information.

8 comments:

  1. hi can i ask what language are the subjects in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm also interested to know what language is used to teach. Reply please.Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamualaikum, hi! I’ll be enrolling in UKM under the ASASIpintar programme on August. Would you care sharing with us some tips and tricks to study smartly and make the most out of our lives throughout the whole one year? Jazakillahukhair, thanks in advance! This is super late but congratulations on your md offer ✊🏼!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can email me at harithazidin99@gmail.com

      My main advice will be, prioritise your cgpa, never stop studying hard, score every assignements, quizzes and tests

      final exams will be easy if u study regularly

      Delete
  4. Can I know what are the courses we can study for degree after finishing pintar foundation

    ReplyDelete

 
Chrome - Precision Select